ProTee Vertical Launch Camera setup instructions
Step by step instructions on how to setup your ProTee Golf Simulator Vertical Launch camera.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES PROTEE GOLF INTERFACE VERSION 3.14 OR HIGHER
1] Connect the vertical launch camera to your computer
Make sure at least 1 camera is connected to your computer before you install the driver software.
2] Download and run the latest camera driver software
Download link: Camera Drivers
When the driver installation process is finished, the cameras will show up in the Windows device manager under Imaging devices as "The Imaging Source Europe GmbH DMK ...".
3] Position the Vertical Launch Camera
- The camera is positioned correctly approx 7' from the ball on the left or right side of your setup
- The camera is levelled horizontally
- The camera is pointing / turned slightly towards your screen
4] Start the ProTee Golf Interface
- Goto Settings -> More
- Enable the Vertical Camera and click Save
- Click on V Cam to open the Vertical Camera Setup Screen
- Select the Camera you want to assign as Vertical Camera from the Camera listbox
- Click on Preview
ProTee cameras shipped after October 15, 2017 will appear in the list as DMK cameras.
Vertical Camera Setup screen with DMK camera selected
5] Line up the camera
- Place a golf ball on the white rubber tee position
- Position the camera so the ball is inside the red box of the Preview image
- Position the camera so the red line on the bottom is hortizontal with the floor
- Make sure the the hitting direction is towards the screen. The impact screen can appear just inside the camera view on the right side. You can filter this out with the Right exclusion slider
6] Adjusting light
- Make sure your everything outside the simulator is dark
- Dim any ambient light and cover windows
- Click on Camera devices
- Use the Gain slider to adjust the light levels
Camera devices configuration screen
7] Verify Camera settings
Press ALT-S on your keyboard to open the camera settings.
Make sure the values match the values shown in the image below and close the screen when finished.
ALT-S camera settings screen
8] Test the camera launch angle detection
Select an iron 6 (I6) from the Club selection listbox. Place a ball on the rubber tee position and hit a test shot.
Vertical Camera setup screen showing i6 shot with 22 degrees launch angle
- Use the Sense slider to filter out excessive white noise from the Result window
- Use the Right Exclusion slider to filter out visible impact screen on the right side of the image
- Use the Left Exclusion slider to filter out as much of the golfer as possible
- Use the Bottom Exclusion slider to filter out the white circles on the floor
Any adjustment made will be saved automatically. When testing other clubs, make sure your select the club you're testing from the Club selection listbox.
Driver shot 15 degrees
Wedge shot 45 degrees
Chip shot 18 degrees